What won't we hear and see? A Buffalo in Thailand allegedly gave birth to what you see above, a human like baby. The animal/human baby has human head but its hand and feet are that of a Buffalo. The baby animal passed away immediately after it was born.

All I'm going to say is, the owner of that Buffalo has some explaining to do..



 Anti-lock Braking System, Auto dual zone A/C, 4 Airbags, MP3 CD Player, 60  liters fuel tank capacity.

 Brand new with Manufacturer's Warranty.

 Vehicles parked in locations in Lagos and Kaduna. Delivery can be arranged to any location within Nigeria at an agreed cost to be borne by the buyer after payment...
What you waiting for?

Call Ayo on 08023847896 or email  now for details! Limited Stock
N: B: Refer buyers and you will be entitled to N70,000!


An employee of Access Bank Plc, Mr. Femi Badejo, and his security guard, Joshua Moses, were shot by policemen in Lagos on Saturday after they responded to a distress call about a robbery at the banker’s home in Ikota area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the robbers had attacked Badejo and his neighbours around 4am and one of the neighbours made a distress call to the police, but by the time the policemen arrived about an hour later, the robbers had fled.

Badejo said he and his neighbours were in the compound discussing what had transpired when the policemen stormed the building and started shooting sporadically.

He is currently receiving treatment at St. Nicholas Hospital, Lagos Island.

Badejo said, “I live in a one-storey building and there are four tenants occupying the ground floor. Around 4am, armed robbers stormed our house.

“The robbers robbed all of us occupying the ground floor. They stole my clothes, money, phones and other valuables. While the robbery was ongoing, one of the tenants called Maroko Police Division.”

Badejo said after the robbers had fled, scores of policemen arrived at the house while one of them started shooting indiscriminately, adding that he was hit five times.

He said, “We (neighbours) were all inside the compound counting our losses when we heard a slam on the gate. Immediately the security guard opened, one of the policemen started shooting indiscriminately.

“The security guard was shot in the pelvis and in the back but the bullet pierced through his chest. I immediately took cover under a car but the policeman came to where I was and started shooting at me.

“Another policeman came behind me and shot. The first shot came through my feet and fractured my leg. Two shots grazed my thighs. Another shot went through my biceps and came out, while one went through my wrist.

Badejo added that it took the intervention of the other neighbours as well as the Divisional Police Officer of the station to prevent him from being killed.

Badejo and the injured guard were immediately rushed to the hospital. The guard was subsequently transferred to General Hospital, Broad Street, and then Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja. He is said to be in a critical condition.

One of our correspondents learnt that Badejo was scheduled to give a lecture at a summit organised by the bank on Saturday.

According to a colleague who craved anonymity, the company executives were curious when he did not show up as scheduled.

He said, “Badejo is in Total Quality Management Department at the head office. He is part of the team working on the 21st century transformation which the bank is working on. He was supposed to deliver a lecture at 8.30am but when we did not see him, we began to wonder what went wrong.

“It was not until later that we received words from one his relatives that he was shot by policemen.”

Badejo, who berated the police for lack of professionalism, said, “When the policemen came into the compound, they didn’t even ask any questions. One of them just started shooting. Even the armed robbers did not even assault me, they only took my belongings.”

On Tuesday, a commercial motorcycle rider, Adigun Atilola, was shot by a policeman at Ilupeju during the clampdown on okada riders. The following day, a policeman, Oluwatiyesi Gboyega, also allegedly shot and killed a bus conductor during an argument over N50.

A call placed to the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, on Sunday was not answered and neither did she reply a text message sent to her on the shooting of the banker and securityman.


Aggrieved riders of motorcycles popularly called Okada plying Magodo area of Lagos State took to the Ojodu Berger road on Monday to engage some officers of the Lagos State Traffic and Management Authority in a fight after a raid by a combined team of policemen and LASTMA officers.
Our correspondent gathered that an Okada rider, said to be plying one of the restricted routes, was chased by the patrol teams.

An eyewitness said when they left after chasing other Okada riders away, others went on the rampage threatening to attack any LASTMA man in sight.

When our correspondent arrived at the scene of the incident, some of the protesting Okada riders were seen blocking the Roundabout at the end of the road with a traffic box.

They also beat two officers of the LASTMA controlling traffic on the road before they were rescued by passers-by and members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers.

Some of the motorcycle riders said they were not operating on any of the restricted routes in the state and could not understand why the police had continued to molest them.

The incident caused a gridlock before members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the NURTW mobilised themselves to control the traffic.

Chairman of the Ojodu-Berger Park of the NURTW, Mr. Tokunbo Seriki said the police were on a “sanitising” exercise across motor parks in the area.

He said it was after they finished checking the park that they decided to move to the Okada Park.

Seriki said, ‘‘I was told that a fight was about to break between the LASTMA officers and the Okada riders, so I quickly moved in with my officers. This axis is known for peace and we will not compromise the peace for anything. We will control the traffic till we are sure the officers are safe.”



Convicted General-Overseer of the Christian Praying Assembly, Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, a.k.a Rev. King, yesterday pleaded with the Court of Appeal, Lagos to quash the death sentence passed on him by Justice Joseph Oyewole of an Ikeja High Court, five years ago.

Ezeugo was convicted and sentenced to death by hanging on January 11, 2007 , for the alleged murder of a church member, Ann Uzoh. He was arraigned on September 26, 2006 on a six-count charge of attempted murder and murder.

At the hearing of his appeal, Mr. Olalekan Ojo, who handled his brief, while adopting his written address as well as his reply brief, urged the court to set aside the judgment of the trial court.

Lagos State government, represented by Solicitor-General, Mr. Lawal Pedro, SAN, as respondent also adopted its written address.

The state, however, urged the court to uphold Justice Oyewole’s verdict. “We urge your Lordships to dismiss this appeal,” Pedro said.

He said the Evidence Act permits the expulsion of inadmissible evidence, adding that the fact counsel did not address the court did not matter, as the judge was the master of the evidence before him.
Pedro said there was enough corroborating evidence, both written and oral, upon which the conviction was secured.

During the trial, the prosecution had argued that the convict poured petrol on the diseased, Uzor and five others. Uzoh died August 2, 2006 , 11 days after the incident.

In his brief, Ezeugo, through his counsel, had prayed the appeal court in his notice of appeal dated January 16, 2007 to set aside the judgment, based on16 grounds of appeal, while the Appeal Court granted him leave to argue additional 16 grounds of appeal through an amended notice of appeal filed on June 15, 2008 .

According to Ojo, he said Ezeugo did not commit the crime and was not at the scene, arguing that the deceased, Uzoh had in two statements made after the incident and before her death, stated that she got burnt in a generator accident and that the cleric was not responsible for her injuries.

Ojo said the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, had tendered statements which stated that Ezeugo was not responsible for the burns which led to Uzoh’s death, but they were not admitted in evidence.
The lawyer said had those “vital exhibits” been admitted rather than expunged by the trial judge, they would have operated to cast serious doubt on the case of the prosecution.”

He added that Justice Oyewole’s refusal to admit the exhibits in evidence “occasioned a great miscarriage of justice.”




The family of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dopemu residents of Surulere, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, must be regretting their action when they employed a 20-year old boy, Obong Thompson as their

Reason: Thompson recently defiled their six-year old girl while the parents were away to their offices.

P.M.NEWS investigation revealed that while the girl’s parents were away at work, the houseboy allegedly grabbed his boss’ six-year old daughter (name withheld) pulled off her clothes and had carnal knowledge of her.

When Mr. and Mrs. Dopemu returned from work, they noticed their daughter’s unusual mood. They later discovered blood in her private part.

The matter was reported to the police at Bode Thomas Divisional Headquarters. Thompson was arrested and investigated.

In his confessional statement, the suspect allegedly wrote: “When both of us were at home alone, I saw her body naked. I was charged and emotionally carried away.

He was arraigned before a family court sitting at Tinubu, Lagos Island.

The court ordered that Thompson be remanded at Kirikiri prisons, Apapa, Lagos.

In a separate incident, a 34-year old man, Kayode Oladosu has been charged before an Ejigbo Magistrate’s court, Lagos for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his neighbour’s 10-year old daughter.

Oladosu, from Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwest Nigeria, reportedly lured the little girl into his room at Kudeyibu Estate, Isheri-Osun, Lagos.

After the rape, she started bleeding and went home to meet her parents with blood stained dress.
The matter was reported to the police at Isheri-Oshun Division and Oladosu was arrested and charged to court.

Narrating her ordeal, the victim said that she was sent to buy some items in a provision store in their area when Oladosu lured her to his room.

At the court Oladosu told P.M.NEWS that he was in a financial mess and could not get money to give to women in order to have sex with them because he has no steady job. He said he did not want to injure the girl but only wanted to satisfy his sexual desire.

“I did not intend to injure her, I just pushed my penis a little bit to release,” he explained.
When the charge was read to him, he pleaded not guilty.

The trial magistrate, Mrs. E.E. Kubenje, holding brief for Mrs M. B. Folami who is on leave, granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The matter was adjourned till 14 November, 2012.

He was remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri, Apapa pending when he will fullfill his bail condition.


The principal of Etiwanda High School was arrested early Tuesday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a student.
Brian Garret Joseph, 38, and the student started the relationship when she was a minor and attending the high school, according to San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies.
Joseph resigned from his position at the Chaffey Joint Union High School District school on Tuesday after making bail.
Chaffey Joint Union officials contacted sheriff's deputies at the Rancho Cucamonga station to report that Joseph might be involved in a sexual relationship with a former student.
"We got an anonymous tip that was very recent and we acted on it immediately," Superintendent Mathew Holton said. "This is a very sad day."
The sheriff's Crimes Against Children Detail investigated the allegations.
Detectives said they learned Joseph has been involved with the former student -- who is now 18 years old -- and that it became sexual while she was a student at Etiwanda High.
A search warrant was served shortly after midnight at Joseph's home in the 14000 block of Parkwood Avenue in Corona.
Joseph was taken into custody on accusations of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. He was booked at the Central Detention Center in San Bernardino and released on bail.
Holton sent an email to district staffers addressing the allegations on Tuesday morning.
"Dr. Joseph voluntarily resigned and, as a result, we have asked Tom Mitchell, a former EHS principal, to provide his good leadership skills to EHS and to continue to support the students and staff during this time of transition," Holton wrote in the email.
Joseph was principal for four years and also served as assistant principal at Etiwanda High, Holton said.

Etiwanda High records show Joseph, who is married and has earned a doctorate degree, worked for the district for nine years.


Last month, Ana Feria Santos gave birth to her son, but says that her joy quickly turned to fear when she noticed that he had "several abnormalities" which have now lead to fears in her community that he is the "devil in disguise." Santos claims that the 4-week-old baby can already stand up and walk and is capable of producing fire

Black magic and evil spirits have captured the soul of a new-born baby in Colombia who can apparently already walks by himself and produce fire, his own mother has claimed.

Ana Feria Santos gave birth to her son last month but says her joy quickly turned to fear when she noticed that he had ‘several abnormalities’ – leading to fears in her community that he is the ‘devil in disguise’.

She says the boy can already stand up and walk – quite a feat for a child of just four weeks.
Much like the 1976 horror film The Omen, the mother-of-five says he frequently hides around the house, cackles in an ‘adult’ way for hours on end and has an ‘intimidating’ pair of eyes.

She told the RCN Radio station: ‘He walks like an adult, sometimes going off and hiding underneath the bed, in a suitcase, in the washing machine or in the fridge.’

Her neighbours in the town of Lorica, near the Caribbean coast, also say he is possessed by a ‘malign spirit’ and that he is capable of producing fire.

This, they say, is because burn marks have been found on his clothes and a sofa where he regularly sits.

It has led to vigilante attacks on Santos and her taxi-driver husband Óscar Palencia López’s house, which is allegedly being pelted with stones on a nightly-basis by frightened residents.

But the 28-year-old’s story has not been believed by doctors, who have now launched an investigation into the possibility that the new-born could have been abused.

The Colombian Family Welfare Institute, the National Police and the Catholic Church have also all refused to assert the claims that black magic is involved.

A team of psychologists, a social worker, a nutritionist and a lawyer will now look into the case, with a source saying: ‘The child shows signs of abuse.

‘Two small burns were found on the palm of the left hand and for that reason a restoration measure was adopted to [safeguard] the family environment.

‘The parents received a warning while the facts are being clarified.’

London Metropolitan Police has confirmed the arrest of Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, wife of Oyo state Governor, over money laundering.
The Met confirmation came following an enquiry by P.M.NEWS on the story making the rounds that Mrs. Ajimobi was arrested in London, with the sum of 400,000 pounds and thousands of US dollars, valued at N500million.
The Met simply said ‘Yes’ to our question, seeking confirmation about the arrest.
However, the organization declined to give further information about the matter, citing a UK law.
“I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you under the Data Protection Act,” an officer in the MET Lambeth Office responded.
There was anxiety in the government circles of Nigeria’s Oyo State this morning over the arrest of Mrs. Ajimobi.
Reports on the web and some blogs claimed that the woman was arrested two weeks ago by the London Metropolitan Police on her 52nd trip to the UK since her husband became governor 17 months ago.
London Met Police has not issued any statement about her alleged arrest. And her name drew blank in a search of the Met Police website by P.M.NEWS.

The unconfirmed reports claimed that Governor Abiola Ajimobi has had to fly to the UK to get her bailed. Mrs. Ajimobi has a North London address in Golders Green and ordinarily visits the UK.
So far, the Oyo state government has kept mute over this story. And the disappearance of Governor Ajimobi from Ibadan, the capital for some two days has further given some ammunition to the purveyors of the news about his wife, styled The First Lady of Oyo state.
Governor Ajimobi was in office today, but bearers of the tale about the wife, have been unrelenting.
Mrs. Ajimobi’s personal staff at Agodi have also not issued denials of any sort.
Miss Yemisi Dada, Special Assistant on Media to Chief Mrs. Ajimobi on a phone interaction at exactly 8:11am claimed that she was not in Ibadan at the time of the telephone conversation adding that she was not aware of such development.
“I cannot talk about that. I am not aware of what you are talking about and besides, I am not in Ibadan right now. Meanwhile, I will find out the correct situation and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks”.



There has been palpable anxiety in the government circles of Nigeria’s Oyo State over the alleged arrest of Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, wife of the governor, in the United Kingdom for alleged money laundering.
Reports on the web and some blogs claimed that the woman was arrested two weeks ago by the London Metropolitan Police on her 52nd trip to the UK since her husband became governor 17 months ago. She was allegedly found to be in possession of 400,000 pounds and thousands of dollars, with a combined value of N500million.
London Met Police has not issued any statement about her alleged arrest. And her name drew blank in a search of the Met Police website by P.M.NEWS.
The unconfirmed reports claimed that Governor Abiola Ajimobi has had to fly to the UK to get her bailed. Mrs. Ajimobi has a North London address in Golders Green and ordinarily visits the UK.
So far, the Oyo state government has kept mute over this story. And the disappearance of Governor Ajimobi from Ibadan, the capital for some two days has further given some ammunition to the purveyors of the news about his wife, styled The First Lady of Oyo state.
Governor Ajimobi was in office today, but bearers of the tale about the wife, have been unrelenting.
Mrs. Ajimobi’s personal staff at Agodi have also not issued denials of any sort.
Miss Yemisi Dada, Special Assistant on Media to Chief Mrs. Ajimobi on a phone interaction at exactly 8:11am claimed that she was not in Ibadan at the time of the telephone conversation adding that she was not aware of such development.
“I cannot talk about that. I am not aware of what you are talking about and besides, I am not in Ibadan right now. Meanwhile, I will find out the correct situation and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks”.

Source: PM News


A 10-year old girl (name withheld) has accused her 62-year-old step father Mr. Alabi Ibrahim of habitually having carnal knowledge of her.
The primary six pupil disclosed this Sunday, lamenting that she had lost count on number of times her step father had intercourse with her at their residence at Opara Estate, Aiyetoro Road in Abeokuta.
Vanguard gathered that the act was revealed when the girl ignorantly shared her experience with her siblings who then hinted her mother.
It was further learnt that the mother, Mrs. Adiat Ibrahim, subsequently reported her husband’s immorality to the police in Abeokuta.
Vanguard learnt that the suspect, however, bolted when police detectives went after him in OnikolObo area.
Narrating her ordeal, the victim claimed that each time her step father had sex with her, he usually threatened to kill her if she told anybody about it.
She said; “Daddy always came to me when Mummy was not at home, and warned me not to tell anybody, so that I wouldn’t die”.
When contacted, Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi confirmed the incident.
He described the action of the man as barbaric, promising that the police will thoroughly investigate the matter towards possibly charging the suspect to court for defilement.
“The police totally condemn the act. He will not be spared. The man will be charged to court, after a thorough investigation,” Adejobi assured.

An accident has happened in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital, after the driver of a lToyota Tundra, deep in a phone conversation, lost control, after suddenly slamming the brake at a speed breaker.
His car swerved to the oncoming lane, hitting a Nissan Primera car.
The accident which occurred at about 6 p.m Sunday in front of a government office on Oke-Mosan-Kobape-Sagamu expressway claimed four lives on the spot, official and eyewitnesses said.
The Toyota Tundra Jeep was marked , Lagos FC 787LND, and the Nissan Primera Lagos  FZ 914 LSR.
The bodies of the victims were removed from wreckage after symphatisers used axes to cut through the car conveying the victims.
An eyewitness said the jeep was coming from Sagamu on high speed before it crossed over to the other lane and hit the car carrying six passengers.
It was learnt that the driver of the jeep was involved in a telephone conversation and suddenly stepped on the breaks when he got to a speed breaker.
“He suddenly applied brake but lost control and swerved to the other lane and rammed into the car,” the eyewitness said.
Officials of the Ogun State Rescue Team of Nigeria Security and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDS), Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Ogun State Traffic Compliance Agency (TRACE) were also at the scene.
The team leader of TRACE, Mr Oladele Badmos, corroborated the statements of the witness.
Badmos said information available revealed that the driver of the jeep was making a telephone call before he suddenly applied the brakes.
He said the corpses had been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, while the injured were receiving treatment at the same hospital..The TARCE official advised motorists not to use cell phones, while in motion to avoid accident.

A 12-year-old pupil of a secondary school in Awka, Anambra State, Miss Chidimma Ukachukwu, has died after she was allegedly flogged by her teacher for failing to do her homework.
A reliable source in the school told the News Agency of Nigeria in Awka on Tuesday that the girl died on Thursday last week after she was flogged.
The source explained that the girl fainted after being flogged severally by a female teacher and was subsequently rushed to an undisclosed hospital, where she died.
The source also told NAN that the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Uju Okeke, then ordered the closure of the school as a result of the incident.
A NAN correspondent, who visited the girl’s family home, soon after she was buried on Tuesday in Awka, reports that the family was in grief.
The girl’s father, Mr. Simeon Ukachukwu, confirmed the incident, saying it was a sad development. He added that it was an act of God.
But when Okeke was contacted, she denied ordering the closure of the school and said that the school was on midterm break.
NAN investigation, however, revealed that schools in the state were not on midterm break.
This fact was corroborated by an official of the Nigerian Union of Teachers in Akwa South Local Government Area.
The Chairperson of the union in the local government, Miss Buife Ndigwe, told NAN that primary and secondary schools in the state would go on midterm break next week.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the state police command, Mr. Ralph Uzoigwe, said that the matter had not been reported to the police, but promised that it would be investigated.


Twelve men, who were charged with robbing Sterling Bank, Matori Branch, Lagos of N8 million, were on Wednesday remanded in Ikoyi Prisons.
The accused are Taiwo Aremu, 26; Muktar Eleduwe, 42; Lukeman Adekunle, 26; Kola Adenuga, 26; Ahmed Ajofoba, 24; and Saheed Olawunmi, 24.
Others are Idowu Adesola, 32; Waheed Shuiab, 38; Rasheed Anifowose, 22; Ahmed Adelakun, 28; Abdullahi Abdulkareem, 24; and Adedokun Yusuf, 24.
An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court, which gave the order, however, did not take the pleas of the accused.
Magistrate A.O. Akinde ruled that the court had no jurisdiction to try their case and ordered the accused to be remanded in prison, pending advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions.
“I hereby order the accused to be remanded in prison, pending a legal advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions,” he said.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Chinalu Uwadione, told the court that the accused had on May 25 at 6.30p.m robbed Sterling Bank on Fatai Atere Way, Matori, of N8 million.

He said the accused, armed with pistols, also robbed some people of their valuables near Eco Bank in Okota area of the metropolis on Aug. 29.
“The accused, armed with four locally made pistols, robbed some people of their property including a laptop, blackberry phone, iPad phone and money, all valued at N159, 000, property of one Obinna Frederick,” Uwadione said.
He named others who were robbed of their belongings as Pauline Agokhaode, Aboh Dorcas, Samson Elisha, Taiwo Onibukola, Ogechi Ikeakaonwo and Nnenna Agunworgbo, valued at N538, 960.
The prosecutor alleged that the accused, who were arrested on September 26, also attempted to rob Sterling Bank a second time before they were apprehended.
Uwadione said the offences contravened Sections 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Robbery and Firearms (special provisions) Act, Laws of the Federation 1990 (as amended).
Magistrate A.O. Akinde adjourned the case till December 13.


Commercial cyclists popularly known as okada on Monday marched through some major streets in Lagos, protesting the state government’s fresh clampdown and seizure of their bikes.
The protests spread across the metropolis, as the okada riders pounced on policemen.
Reports said the cyclists grounded vehicular movement in some parts of Lagos and attacked government-owned Bus Rapid Transit buses.
They reportedly vandalised five BRT buses at Onipanu and chased passengers away.
Many residents were forced to trek long distances on foot, as a result of the protests.
The state government renewed its clampdown on the okada riders on Thursday, with its task force on environmental offences and other offences seizing many bikes.
When contacted, the Chairman of the Motorcycle Owners and Riders in Lagos State, Tijani Perkis, stated that the union would meet with Governor Babatunde Fashola to relax the order banning okada from operating on about 500 roads in Lagos State.
“I have nothing to say now. But I will be meeting with the governor tomorrow and after our meeting I may talk to the press,” he said.
Recently, the state government’s task force on environmental sanitation and special offences destroyed over 3,000 bikes, a move that was criticised in some quarters as a high-handed response to the challenge posed by the riders.
A popular businessman in Ogoja, northern Cross River State, southsouth Nigeria, has been arrested for allegedly raping a two-year old girl (name withheld).
The man, Mr. James Eze, was detained by the police after he was arrested for allegedly having carnal knowledge of the child.
Eze, who owns a well known pharmacy, Edoh Pharmacy located on I, Mission Road, Igoli Ogoja, allegedly lured the girl into his office where he defiled her and thereafter gave her N25 to buy sweets.
Eze was alleged to have defiled the girl for ritual purposes as he “collected the blood that gushed from the girl’s private part with a white handkerchief. The handkerchief is now with the police,”
Codelia, a resident of the area who said she was an eye witness told newsmen. Mrs. Josephine Ibeh, the mother of the victim who owns a beer parlour at the back of the building where Edoh Pharmacy is located, said her daughter came back and told her that blood was coming out of her private part and on close examination she realised that she had been defiled.
“I saw that her private part had wound and was bleeding profusely and when I asked her what happened, she told me that Edoh put his penis inside her,” Ibeh said.
Mrs. Ibeh said the girl’s private part was severely damaged by the suspect and when she confronted him, he gave her money to pacify her.
“When I confronted Edoh, he brought out N50,000 and told me to take the girl to the hospital, saying that it was the devil that pushed him to do it,” she said as tears streamed down her cheeks.
Mrs. Eze said the matter was reported to the police at the Divisional Headquarters in Ogoja and the man was arrested while the girl was taken to the General Hospital Ogoja where she was stitched.
A doctor at the hospital, who pleaded anonymity, told newsmen that the girl had “four stitches as the tear was deep and the lacerations caused by the forced entry wide.”
A source at the Divisional Police Headquarters confirmed that Edoh is in their custody and may not be given bail immediately going by the inflamed passion in the town over the act.
“We suspect ritual purpose for the man’s act because that man is rich enough to have any woman of his choice in this town. The white handkerchief the man used to collect the blood is in our custody,” the police source said.
The matter, the source added, would soon be transferred to the state police Command Headquarters in Calabar.



When Onyeka Eze stormed God’s Pentecostal Mission aka GPM located in the highly density Iba, a suburb of Lagos penultimate Sunday just like every other worshipers, little did they know that he had an ulterior motive.
Propelled by villainous intent, after the service that night, the congregation dispatched only for Eze, 26, to return at the wee hour of the following morning and attempted to do away with the church’s property.
Nemesis caught up with the lad who hails from eastern part of the country when the noise of his action attracted the senior pastor’s attention. He came out of his office and saw Eze with some undisclosed amount and gas cylinders belonging to the church.

Narrating how Eze broke into the Holy House to the Ojo Magistrate court, the police in-charge of the case, Corporal Israel said:
“The convict on Monday, September 16, 2012 broke into the God’s Pentecostal Mission aka GPM, situated in Iba area of Lagos and was trying to elude with some church money and gas cylinders belonging to the church. It was end of the road for him when his movement woke the senior pastor who was sleeping in his office located within the church premises.
Apparently remorseful, the convict, who resides at Ijankin in Lagos admitted he was guilty of the charges against him with flimsy reasons after several denials.
His words: “I am guilty of the charges against me. It was the devil that pushed me into the act. I don’t have a job; I’m a conductor and needed some money for myself that was why I decided to go to the House of God. I’ve not stolen before, this is my first time and I promise never to do it again. I swear to God I will repent and I want the court to tamper justice with mercy’’ he pleaded.
The presiding Magistrate, T.O Shomade after several trial, sentenced the accused to six months imprisonment without option of fine. “This would serve as warning to other youths who hide under the influence of penury to commit crimes as such act contravenes the law’’ he said.


A Bulawayo maid has been arrested after she allegedly boiled her employer's three months-old baby. This was apparently in revenge to her employer's failure to pay her on time.
The maid, Nokuthula Nyathi, of Emakhandeni is alleged to have boiled the infant in a container on Wednesday last week. The infant's mother, Karen Dube, collapsed when she saw her baby in the container.
The maid was arrested a day after the gruesome murder and appeared before Western Commonage magistrate, Mr Richard Ramaboea facing murder charges. She was remanded in custody to 23 October. Some residents said the maid and her employer had a turbulent relationship.
It is understood that the maid usually gets paid on the first day of every month but at the time of the murder, the woman's salary was overdue by two days.
"I do not think that money was the reason for all this. Dube did not trust her because she has caught the maid stealing her belongings on several occasions. The employer tried to fire her but the maid resisted. So I think that might be the major reason behind the cruel deed," said the source.
It is reported that on the day in question, Nyathi asked Dube to give her her salary. The employer said she did not have the money and promised to get it by the end of the week and left for work thereafter.
Nyathi, however, appeared not to have believed her employer's promise. She is alleged to have taken the three-month old baby and put it in a container and boiled the infant on a stove.
The maid then took her belongings and left. On her return in the evening, Dube found her baby still in the container and was so shocked that she fell unconscious. The woman was discovered by a neighbour lying on the floor. An ambulance was called to the scene while the body of the infant was taken to a mortuary

SOURCE: Zimbabwenewsonline

No comments:

Post a Comment